Corelli Bass Strings by Savarez have been made in France for over 100 years. Corelli strings for bass have a unique nomenclature that bears a second look.
The 370 Series bass strings are made of tungsten steel, a very strong, supple, lightweight material known for its high tensile strength in very narrow gauges. The 370 Series come in three gauges:
- 370 Medium is the lightest gauge, and is great for acrobatic solo work, or for very lightly constructed instruments which are overstressed by heavier strings. 370 Medium bass strings are also available in fractional sizes. In orchestra tuning G-D-A-E.
- 370 Forte is the middle tension string and
- 370 ForteTX is the higher tension string. Both are an excellent choice for bass players wanting a hybrid use string.
The 360 Series solo tuning bass strings are made of tungsten steel, a very strong, supple, lightweight material. These are very fine gauged strings for solo tuning. They are manufactured in:
- 360 Medium (lower tension) In solo tuning A-E-B-F#.
- 360 ForteTX (higher tension) In solo tuning A-E-B-F#.
The 380 Series is a bass string with a nickel wrap in orchestra tuning. They are thicker than the 370 Series strings making them some of Corelli’s more “usual” upright bass strings. 380 Series comes in:
- 380 Medium Remember, in Corelli Speak this is a lower tension string.
- 380 ForteTX, the higher tension Corelli string. In orchestra tuning G-D-A-E.
- 380 TX is suggested for acoustic jazz work where maximum acoustic output is required. They have a strong sound and a richer tone.
The 390 Series solo tuning bass strings are made with a nickel wrap for solo tuning. They too, are thicker than the 370 Series strings, and make an easy to play and well-priced alternative for solo tuning needs of smaller hands, or for players who want an easier to play bass string. In solo tuning A-E-B-F#.
Showing all 16 results